About Mi Huerta
Mi Huerta brand products started from a desire to bring authentic, quality, Mexican items to the United States.
Our goal is to provide access to these wonderful products throughout the world. Mexican cuisine has become hugely popular, not just in the U.S. but abroad as well. In England they are saying, “One thing I love about Mexican food is that it’s very akin to British tastes,” says Miers, a svelte businesswoman in her early 30s, who discusses the cuisine above the packed lunchtime cacophony of her Covent Garden restaurant. “We have this tremendous tradition of eating Indian food – the spices, you know, but there are all the English spices which we take for granted – cloves, cinnamon – that pervade Mexican food. They have these amazing flavors of chilies. They are not just hot, but smoky, sweet and tobacco flavors: a whole world of flavors from chilies alone.”
The largest segment of the ethnic foods market in the United States is Mexican, comprising 62% of the FDMx (food, drug, mass index), excluding Wal-Mart sales. Mexican foods can be categorized by the regional area from which they originate:
- Northern cuisine includes items from north Mexico that use beef, cheese, and wheat (popular dishes are machaca, arrachera, and cabrito);
- Oaxaca cuisine are dishes from the city of Oaxaca emphasizing staples such as corn, beans, and chili peppers (popular dishes are triques, chapulines, and 7 moles);
- Yucatan cuisine are specialties from the Yucatan peninsula that are based on Mayan food (the cuisine is often reddish in color, and a popular dish is cochinita pibil);
- Mexican city cuisine (popular dishes are barbacoa, birria, cabrito, carnitas, and various moles);
- Western Mexican cuisine (items from west of Mexico City that incorporates a great deal of fish);
- Veracruz cuisines (preparations from the Gulf of Mexico that use various tropical fruits) . Ground beef tacos, enchiladas, burritos, and tostadas, as well as beans are popular Mexican foods among non-Hispanic Americans in the United States. Mexican food has great value for the price, good for carry-out, hot and spicy, and also good for children to eat.
Our company headquarters are located in Missouri City, Texas.
We are still a small, family-owned, business that has had the good fortune to be growing steadily over the years. We are very proud of the products that we carry and are always on the lookout to grow our line with other high quality, authentic, Mexican products.