Mi Huerta Market
By: Sarah Chovanetz
Our mole is made with 100% all-natural and hand selected ingredients. It is part of what sets us a part from the competition. We don’t add any fillers or other chemicals to enhance the flavor. It is a passion at Mi Huerta and you can taste the difference.
Although the traditional mole plate involves chicken, this recipe we are sharing can be used with turkey as well. It’s a simple recipe but the flavors and ingredients make it so much more than that. Our traditional and hearty mole is one of the reasons (if not the biggest reason) why you will fall in love with the recipe below. It has a choice of protein, a healthy side that can easily be switched out, and a hint of chocolate with other delicious and invigorating spices in our sauce that create a powerful yet light dish. That’s right, our mole is made with only the finest specialty ingredients to make any dish it’s in a smart choice.
The nutritional value is also on the package so that you are able to see exactly what goes into the mole sauce. We want to make sure our customers know what they are putting into their recipes and also pride ourselves with our product value. Always remember you can make the sauce and save it for later. The flavor will taste great but won’t be as fresh. It is up to you!
We hope you enjoy the recipe below and share it with your loved ones or enjoy it alone. Either way it’s a definite Mexican favorite and with this recipe you will see why.
Homemade Chicken with Mole Sauce
1 1/2 cups long-grain white rice
2 1/2 cups water
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 Disk Mexican Chocolate
2 tbs cooking oil
1 package of our Mi Huerta Mole sauce*
2 (14-oz) cans reduced-sodium chicken broth
4 small skinless boneless chicken breast halves (1 1/4 to 1 1/2 lb total)
Garnish: 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- Combine rice, water, and salt in a 2-quart heavy saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and cook, covered, until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed, about 18 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand, covered and undisturbed, 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- While rice cooks, put 2 tbs oil in a pan, warm, add entire package of Mi Huerta Mole, whisk and cook on low for 3 minutes.
- Add 2 cups of broth, whisk until blended.
- Add a bit of Mexican chocolate; about 1/3 disk.
- Then whisk,.
- Add chicken – if you want to cook it in the sauce – and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Or, use cooked chicken pieces or shreds and incorporate it into the sauce. If you are wanting to, try taking the sauce out before adding the chicken and then have it for extra. This is a good recipe for leftover turkey or chicken!
Now that you have made your dish you can sprinkle the toasted sesame seeds on your dish for that last kick of flavor. Some prefer it without the sesame seeds only because it isn’t your first choice of an addition to a dish. Our advice, don’t knock it until you try it!
Thanks again for reading our blog and happy cooking!!