Mi Huerta Market 🍴
Adco Trading, Inc.
Sarah Chovanetz – December 10, 2015
Merry Friday everyone! Christmas is right around the corner and we all know what that means. Chaos! Just kidding. However, a lot does go on during the cheerful season and that includes what yummy things to cook up when all your family arrives! That is where Mi Huerta comes in to save the day.
Family is everything. Why not make something that can bring the family together and make everyone’s belly happy? Mi Huerta Christmas Churros are sure to meet your expectations and be a yummy twist to a typical Christmas dessert that will knock everyone’s stockings off!
Let’s start with what you’ll need in order to create these delicious cinnamon fritters.
Makes about five dozen
- 6 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 Tsp kosher salt
- 1 Tsp Mi Huerta Vanilla Extract
- 1 Stick cinnamon plus 1 Tbsp ground
- 2 1/4 Cups flour
- 1 Egg
- 2 Cups sugar
- Canola oil, for frying
- Chocolate dipping sauce
- 3 1/2 Ounces milk chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 Cup heavy cream
Bring butter, salt, Mi Huerta Vanilla, cinnamon, and 2 1/4 cups water to a boil in a 4-qt. saucepan over medium-high heat. Remove and discard cinnamon, and add flour; cook, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon, until a smooth dough forms, about five minutes. Transfer dough to a bowl, and add an egg; stir vigorously until dough is smooth. Transfer dough to a piping bag fitted with 3/8 star tip and set aside. Meanwhile, combine sugar and ground cinnamon in a large brown paper bag or a 9″x 13″ baking dish; set aside.
- Pour oil to a depth of 2″ in an 8-qt. Dutch oven; heat over medium-high heat until a deep-fry thermometer reads 400′. Working in batches, hold piping bag above oil, and pipe about four 6″ lengths of dough. Fry, turning often until golden brown, about two minutes.
- Transfer to paper towels to drain briefly, and then transfer to bag or dish with cinnamon-sugar mixture, and quickly shake or roll until evenly coated. Repeat with remaining dough in piping bag.
- Chocolate dipping sauce: Place the chopped chocolate in a small bowl. Warm the heavy cream in a small saucepan (do not let it boil). Pour the heavy cream over the chopped chocolate. Let it sit for 1 minute then stir to combine.
- NOTE! Its important to use a cloth or heavy duty pastry bag, as a regular resealable plastic bag is not thick enough and will split open if you try to pipe the churro dough through it. The chocolate sauce will thicken as it cools, so it’s best to make it right before you’re ready to serve it with the Christmas Churros. The star pastry tip gives the Churros textured lines you see in photos.
Christmas Brings Us Together
Feel free to have fun with this great recipe and then heat up some classic hot cocoa while you sit by the fire with your loved ones. Your kids will be so happy and the house will be filled with warm vanilla and cinnamon aromas! Perfect for Christmas and so fun to watch as they get made! Make it a group project to tie the whole family together too! Our love for great food and fantastic recipes makes this easy for us but regardless all we want is to make our readers happy. We hope you enjoyed this recipe and have a very Merry Friday. Mi Huerta Market thanks you for your love and support! Merry Christmas.