Mi Huerta Market
By: Sarah Chovanetz
One of the great things about our Mexican Vanilla is that it can be used in so many ways. Especially when it comes to baking with chocolate. Chocolate is sweet on its own but after using our Kosher, and authentic Mexican Vanilla extract there is even a better sweetness added. It’s a perfect duo that creates a very yummy result. Which leads me to my next statement; We have a great recipe to share!
It is basically a mixture of different consistencies using none other than chocolate. Because chocolate is magical like that. And you can’t just have one type of chocolate with this dessert, you deserve to eat multiple types of chocolate. Don’t worry it’s not different flavors of chocolate, it is all about the classic chocolate! Chocolate cake, chocolate brownie, chocolate pudding, Choc-A-LOT!
Before you make this recipe, make sure you have an oblong baking dish and spoons. Purchase an ice cream scooper as well and get a couple of bowls. The second it is prepared you will not be able to wait before grabbing some! It is seriously that good and totally easy to make.
Chocolate Brownie Pudding
* 2 sticks unsalted butter, plus extra for buttering the dish
* 5 large eggs, at room temperature
* 2 cups sugar
* 3/4 cup good cocoa powder
* 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
* 2 teaspoons Mi Huerta Vanilla extract***
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Lightly butter a 2-quart oblong baking dish.
2. Melt the butter in a small saucepan and set aside to cool.
3. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the eggs and sugar on medium-high speed for 5 to 10 minutes until thick and yellow.
4. Meanwhile, sift the flour and cocoa powder and set aside.
5. When the egg mixture is read lower the speed and add the Mi Huerta Vanilla, cocoa, and flour mixture. Mix only until combined. With the mixer on low, slowly pour in the cooled butter and mix again just until combined.
6. Pour the brownie mixture in the prepared dish and place into a larger baking pan. Add enough of the hottest tap water to the pan to the halfway up the side of the dish and bake for exactly 1 hour. A cake tester inserted 2 inches from the side will come out three quarters clean. The center will appear very under-baked; this dessert is between a brownie and a pudding.
7. Allow to cool and serve with vanilla ice-cream.
This recipe is perfect for an evening that calls for a celebration or even one that doesn’t! It is a great choice for any occasion and because of how easy it is to make, you can just consider this a family favorite from the get go! You will love the reaction from your family and friends because they won’t be able to figure out how in the world you made it while continuously drooling over how delicious it looks. And, even if they don’t want it with ice cream it is just as yummy without that. Bring out the caramel syrup if you want to mix things up and take it up a notch! Either way you can’t say no to this dessert.
We hope you enjoy this recipe and thanks for being a supporter of Mi Huerta Products!